I’ve been obsessed with the Sigma 150-600mm since I first saw it. I read every review, watched all the YouTube videos and looked through all the online galleries and hashtags. I needed this lens in my life.
Browsing Amazon, I came across this bad boy for a steal of a price. I contacted the seller, per his request, and waited. They replied: it’s yours! JUST PAY US WITH AN AMAZON GIFT CARD. Is there a red flag emoji? I called Amazon, reported the seller and the listing was removed. Needless to say, I was devastated. I was so sad that I missed the chance to afford this lens, especially at the price it was selling!
Enter the hero of this story, my husband. He knew how upset I was and went gleefully behind my back and bought it for me. I was so happy that I started to cry. I was thrilled and Saturday we headed off for a day of wildlife photography! We headed to the lake and it was the greatest day.
I love this lens!
- Super easy to use without a tripod or monopod – I went the entire day using it handheld. AND WITH JUST A WRIST STRAP!
- Crisp, great images!
- Very versatile – from 150mm up, images were easy to capture and I didn’t have to change lenses once.
- Fast to focus! It was a little tricky as the lens is very customizable so there’s a lot to learn but once you get the hang of it, no biggie.
- It’s relatively heavy, I know it’s lighter than the Sport model, but it was still a lot to carry around BUT I just used a wrist strap!
- Fast to focus, yet not. I missed a couple great pictures because I couldn’t grab the bird right away but when it was on, it was on.
A lot of you have asked about my camera setup – I’m using the Nikon D3500 and I LOVE IT! Here’s the camera link and here’s the link to the lens. <– both are affiliate links but do NOT cost you anything.
What’s YOUR go to telephoto lens? What’s on YOUR wishlist? Drop a comment and let me know.